September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, so here are some ways to help people be aware and some facts you can share to help spread the word!
Ways to Help Raise Awareness
- Start a team for the Tulsa CureSearch Walk on 9/28!
- Share your fundraising link on FaceBook.
- Share childhood cancer facts on social media.
- Host a fundraiser, invite your friends, and donate the proceeds.
- Wear a gold ribbon and share your story.
- Order/sell cancer awareness items (magnets, bracelets, t-shirts) and donate proceeds.
- Let your child have a lemonade stand and donate proceeds to Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
- Write your Representatives & Senators.
- Share this video from St. Baldericks.
- Share this video from The Truth 365.
- Do a garage sale or bake sale and donate the proceeds.
- Talk to your local businesses or church about doing a fundraiser for childhood cancer or in honor of your child.
Facts to Share (Face to Face, FaceBook, Tweet…)
- Childhood cancer is the leading cause of death by disease among children in the US.
- Every day, 36 children are diagnosed with cancer.
- The average age of a child diagnosed is 6.
- One in every 330 children will be diagnosed with cancer.
- Cancer affects all ethnic, gender, and socio-economic groups.
- More than 40,000 children undergo treatment for cancer each year.
- One out of 5 children who are diagnosed with cancer do not survive.
- Three out of 5 children who survive will suffer devastating late effects such as secondary cancers, muscular difficulties and infertility.
- The causes of childhood cancers are largely unknown, and for the most part they cannot be prevented.
People Against Childhood Cancer
The Truth 365 Campaign
Do you have an idea of how to raise awareness or funding? Please comment below!